Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 33

 This past week was a great week! First things first, it was my first FULL week working from home. I really thought this would be a little more relaxed, but I was definitely wrong. Jorge's parents (and younger brother) went out of town for a week because Bryan was in his cousin's quincinera. Due to that, I was doing much more to try and keep everything organized in the office (at home). Not only that, we had an earthquake on Friday night so there were a few emergency calls from customers who needed a repair for underground pipes! For my first week at home I was expecting more time to try and wash baby clothes and put things away, but I didn't feel like I had much time during the day and only made time a few nights this week. But, it still got done, so I'm not complaining.

Sunday was the baby shower for Little Foot hosted by my Mom and Devo. It was beautiful! They had an Owl, rustic theme for the shower and all of the decorations were very cute. I'm so thankful for them and all of the time they put into making our shower fun for us as well as all of our guests. I'd also like to thank all of our friends who helped with set-up and cleaning up for the shower. We didn't ask for the help, but all of you were so great and did it because you're amazing, so thank you very much! Little Foot is extremely blessed with all of the great gifts he or she received, and I'm so excited to put these clothes on him/her in just a few weeks!

Monday we had a Midwife appointment and everything is still looking good. They got the results to the last blood test that was checking for my iron levels, and they came back in the normal range which means I'm no longer anemic. I do need to keep taking the liquid iron to keep those levels up though, but it's not that bad. I only gained 1 pound since my last appointment (two weeks ago) so I'm staying on track to only gaining 27-35 lbs. overall. Baby's heartbeat was strong, I'm measuring right on track, and baby is still in position (head down). Next appointment they are going to do the GBS test, which tests for bacteria. If it's present then I believe they just have antibiotics available at the time of the birth.

Til next week!

-Heather Ortiz, mama to be
Baby Shower pictures

Guesses of gender and birthday from our guests

Signature mat of well wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment