Thursday, March 27, 2014

Week 32

Thirty-two weeks have come and gone! A lot has definitely happened this week that I'm very excited to share with all of you!

This was my last full week at work and started working from home. It's nice because I'm able to do just about everything I'm able to do in the office from home. Calls are forwarded to my cell, using the remote desktop connection to use the computer from work, and even call for inspections for current projects. It's nice to be able to still be in my pajamas and working! Don't get me wrong, i'm still working full days, but being able to slowly get baby stuff done during the down time, and getting snacks from the kitchen whenever I feel like it is a huge perk!

On Saturday Jorge's family held a Baby Shower for us and it was great! It was "bee" themed so everything was yellow and black, and decorated so cute. I'll post pictures in a separate post or add them to this one later. We are very blessed to have our family around us during this time, and we are very thankful for all of the work and time they put into the baby shower for us. Little Foot is already so loved!

Now onto the exciting news! Jorge and I officially closed escrow on Friday on a lot! Yep you read that correctly, not a house, but a vacant lot. We started this process in September and finally got everything straightened out and we now own a lot! Our plan is to build a duplex in the coming months but that's going to be a whole other process but I'll keep updating as we go along. 

Looking forward to all that's coming in the next few weeks! 

-Heather Ortiz, mama to be



No comments:

Post a Comment