Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 30

Only ten more weeks to go!

This week was my Mom's and my birthday week so we went to dinner with my Grandma at a restaurant called The Market Place in Downey. It is delicious Greek food! During dinner my Grandma made it a point to ask me about my birth plan and the birth center where we're planning on delivering Little Foot. After giving her some information she made it a point to say how she would like to be there if she could! I had never really thought about asking her if she would be interested in being present for the birth, but she made it very clear that if I would allow her to be there, that she would love to be a part of the experience. (She did also make it a point to say that if I wanted her, or anyone else out of the room during my labor, to just say the word and she would leave). My Grandma is going to be 93 in May, and knowing that she wants to share this experience means a lot to me.

This week Jorge and I kept up with some cleaning and rearranging furniture in the room (I feel like it's never ending!) and bought some bins to organize and store baby blankets, clothes, and some swaddle blankets. We definitely need to buy another dresser or clean out some of ours because we are NOT going to have enough space after the baby showers.

I think Little Foot's now in position...I could be wrong, but I feel more pressure towards the bottom of my belly every time I stand up which makes me think it's the baby's head pressing down on my bladder! It's still so amazing every time I feel the baby move inside me and try to stretch out. The baby's definitely running out of room in there, but I'm sure my belly will continue to keep growing to allow for space.

Below is a picture from the front of Little Foot and one of my favorite quotes. Might print this out and put it in the nursery for decoration :) See you next week...almost in the single digits for how many weeks are left! 

One of my favorite quotes with a picture of Little Foot inside :)

My view at 30 Weeks! Feet are almost gone!
-Heather Ortiz, mama to be

No comments:

Post a Comment