Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 28

Oh Little Foot, you're name now suits you well! Using you're little hands and feet to kick and punch anytime you feel like it. Like at 5:00 in the morning when I get up to use the bathroom (because I now have to pee ALL THE TIME) I think you believe it's time to wake up and do your morning exercise in my belly. Seriously, I tried going back to sleep for about an hour and every time I was close you were moving around and wanting some attention!

Jorge says "better get used to it!" and I know that's true because the baby is only getting bigger, and after the baby is born...well, I think we've all heard it a million times so I don't have to say how much things are going to change.

This week we went to a wedding out in Victorville for a friend of Jorge's side of the family and it was a beautiful wedding and reception. I actually wore my Jessica Simpson heels all night long! Once the dancing started we got up and joined the crowd, but after a little while I started feeling a sharp-like pain towards the bottom of my belly/uterus and decided it was best to sit down. I didn't want anything to happen, and in my mind I was thinking anything is possible (like going into labor because of dancing, or pushing the baby down because I was moving so much). Having contractions or having anything happen all the way out in Victorville was definitely NOT part of my plan. After sitting down I didn't feel anything and all was well.

Something that definitely happened more this week (due to the wedding) was people feeling the urge/need to touch my belly. Keep in mind, these are family friends from Jorge's side so I don't know them very well (or at all) and they just felt free to go ahead and touch. I was fine with it mostly because it was women, and I know they're all well-meaning and just love babies/pregnant women, but there will come a time when some stranger tries to touch and I'm going to react differently I'm sure. I guess I should be prepared for the baby shower because I know there will be plenty of belly touching then. (To be clear, I am perfectly fine with people I know who would like to touch my belly. Women in particular. It get's a little uncomfortable thinking about men touching though...I have to think of a way to kindly say "Please no touching". Or I can just train my dog to do this...!)


According to The Pregnant Chicken the baby is the size of a Chihuahua, which is really funny to think about. Baby is getting big in there! Looking forward to many things to come in the next few weeks which include birthday's and baby showers! See you next week :)
Yep...still on our to-do list!
-Heather Ortiz, mama to be

No comments:

Post a Comment