Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 21

I think time is stealing a few hours away from me here and there because this week has been the quickest yet! 

Ever since feeling Baby Little Foot kick last week, I have felt kicking every single day! It really is such an amazing feeling. I usually feel it most after I've eaten or after drinking some cold water, maybe the food gives it more energy in there! It was kicking so often one night I had Jorge feel my stomach where I was feeling the movement and he felt it! We were so excited that we went downstairs and had my mom feel for it as well. It took a few minutes, but she ended up feeling it too! 

New Years was exciting this year. Devon researched a whole bunch of different traditions from all over the world and it was fun seeing my family partake in the festivities. Some of the traditions she found were (and she can correct me if I'm wrong):
  • Write down a wish on a piece of paper, burn it, and put the ashes in your glass of champagne (or apple cider for me). For me, I wrote down the wish, burned it, and divided it between Devon, Pyka, and Judy to drink :)
  • Eat 12 grapes between 12:00-12:01am.
  • Buy/Wear a brand new pair of pink underwear.
  • Run around the block with a piece of empty luggage. I didn't do this one, but the three crazies did!
  • A dark-haired man has to be the first person to enter (or re-enter your house) stepping with his Right foot first. (Jorge did this one for us!)
Jorge's parents returned from Mexico on Saturday and Jorge picked them up from the airport in the evening. After dropping off their luggage we all went to Oh Crab (unfortunately I had already eaten some In-N-Out so I didn't have any seafood, but still enjoyed everyone's company). Glad they're back safe and sound and enjoyed their vacation!

We had our next Midwife appointment on Monday and everything is good to go. I was measuring about a week ahead, but everything looked great, and heartbeat was nice and strong at 145! They did the blood draw to check for the RH Negative, so I'll update once we know what the results are as well.

Overall it was really great week even though it went by extremely fast! Keep you updated on what's going on with the pregnancy and the Baby! 
My point of view!
-Heather Ortiz, mama to be


1 comment:

  1. I like the "My Point of View" pic! Very cool. The NYE traditions were so much fun, and I'm glad you still enjoyed watching us do all of them while you did what you could. We were all more than happy to drink your wish-ashes for you. :) We also ALL wore white (a Chilean tradition) to ward off evil spirits! Good times. Baby Ortiz was totally there. Baby's first NYE in utero. ;)

    ReplyDelete