Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 23

Okay, so I'm not sure if it's my usual forgetfulness or if it's a pregnancy symptom, but I've had a problem remembering what I've been doing all week by the time I sit down to write down this entry!

On Friday, I drove down to Santa Monica and had a date night with Jorge after work. We walked down to see the sunset, and everything was perfect! The weather was amazing, and it really was a great night to stroll around. We ate a place overlooking the ocean, and it was the best meal I think I've ever had! Just amazing. Afterwards we strolled up and down 3rd Street Promenade and around the mall before heading back to his office to pick up the car. It was really nice spending time with just Jorge, and appreciating what little alone time we have left! I feel blessed everyday to have him in my life. He is truly my best friend, and love him more than words can express. Being able to have him as my children's father is a huge blessing and I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life.

Jorge and I did some deep cleaning this weekend to help us prepare for when Little Foot arrives. Throwing away a few large bags of trash (old knick-knack items that are really just taking up space that don't have sentimental value). We took down two bookcases and rearranged our furniture to make space for the crib, and the room now looks like it has so much room! There are still a few pieces that we'll be moving into our storage later on, so I think we'll have enough room. The space that we have designated for the crib is also a perfect area and we'll have a chance to paint and decorate it like a nursery! For those of you that don't know, we'll be moving later in the year to a new house so this is a temporary situation, but I love that we can still decorate and love the baby space for the time we're here! 

We also completed our registry for Babies-R-US! Oh my gosh, can I just say that it took us two days and over 6 hours to do this. It's really nice that the store gives us a checklist to go off of (with recommended quantities of each item), but just making these decisions took very long. I thought I was somewhat prepared as to what I wanted, but being there and talking through it with Jorge really just made it take so long! I do give Jorge a huge amount of credit though. He was extremely patient with me while making these decisions. My mom and sister came along to help with the registry process, and I must say that I loved having their company. I just handed over the checklist to them to lead me in the right direction, and it kept us moving through the aisles efficiently. 

Now that our registries are complete and ready to go, I feel like I'll have a few weeks of sitting back and relaxing until late March when the showers are planned! We are fortunate enough that both of our parents live near us and want to host a shower (it's the first grand baby for both sides of the family) so we'll be having two separate baby showers! I'm hoping by having the showers at the end of March, it will give us the month of April to wash clothes, set up furniture, and go through our nesting phase before the baby arrives in May. Hopefully all goes according to plan!

This week was also the first time that I SAW my belly move while the baby was kicking! That was exciting, and I know it's only going to get stronger from here on out. I love feeling the movement and try to imagine if it's Little Foot's legs or arms that i'm feeling. Every time I feel the baby kick I move my hand across my belly and Jorge asks if I feel it, as soon as he places his hand to try and feel it the baby stops! Somehow the baby knows when it's me or Jorge and doesn't kick as often when it's him. Funny, but true.

Another week, another reason to be grateful for all that is happening! I pray each and everyday for the baby to keep growing and stay healthy, along with the health and safety for all family and friends, and all of those who are also currently pregnant. Before being pregnant I never truly understood how intense the feelings become, and how much one can worry about during nine long months! I get it now. I do. For all parents out there, I give so much credit and admiration to you for what you've been through. Pregnancy truly is a miracle from God, and once again I feel blessed to experience it myself. 

Til next week!

Sunset from Santa Monica, CA


-Heather Ortiz, mama to be

No comments:

Post a Comment