Thursday, December 19, 2013

Week 18

Week 18 was once again a very quick week. I feel like it came and went and everything happened really fast! During the week nothing special happened, just a normal work week for me. On Saturday Jorge and I went shopping at the West Covina mall for some holiday gifts and realized as soon as we got there it was going to be busy! I felt like I was going to be up for it, but as soon as we were in the parking lot waiting for a spot I realized I needed to remind myself to try and be patient today. Overall it went really well, Jorge found what he was looking for and we headed over to his parent's house to give them their gifts (they were leaving on vacation on Wednesday and we knew this was the only time we could see all of them together before then).

At his parent's house Ceci, Gustavo, and the kids were over and I was so excited to finally see Zoe and the baby! There was a time when I would see Zoe everyday, but the last time we had seen her was well over a month ago. The baby (Gustavo) had just turned three months old the night before, and it was amazing seeing him grow so much in the short time since he was born.

Sunday, Jorge went to the 8 o'clock mass with his parents, and we (my mom, Devo, and I) went to the 12 o'clock mass as usual, and went to eat at Ihop afterwards. Usually I would have some pancakes, but it just didn't sound good for some reason, i'll blame pregnancy. Afterwards Brittany came over to our house to do Pyka's hair, and gave my mom and I a quick trim. I love that we have our own personal hairdresser! She really is amazing though, and if anyone is looking for a new hairdresser let me know and I'll direct you to her!

On Monday, I went downtown Los Angeles to do some work at the Building and Safety office, but I brought my mom along with me so afterwards we could visit the fabric district for my next project. I'm making my own DIY Moby Wraps! After Pinteresting this idea, I realized it was really very easy so I wanted to try it out. Downtown fabric district is the perfect place to find what you need at a great price! We found Jersey Knit/Jersey Cotton fabric for only $1/yard! This is the same fabric we found at Joanne's on sale for $6.99/yard. They had plenty of colors and patterns to choose from...it was a very successful trip and I'll do another post on how to make one later! After our downtown trip we visited my Grandma and decorated her house for Christmas. It was really nice seeing her, we don't see her very often even though she only lives about 13 miles away.

Overall great pregnancy week! Still feeling great, energy level is okay, no aches or pains (yet), and still extremely grateful and feeling blessed that i'm pregnant! Loving every second of it :)

-Heather Ortiz, mama to be

No comments:

Post a Comment