Thursday, December 12, 2013

Week 17


Week 17 was more exciting than most other weeks...I actually did something!

On Sunday we were invited to Disneyland to celebrate Analicia's birthday! Every time we go with her and her family we are absolutely spoiled (they have annual passes as well as a Disneyland employee in the family so they know all the secrets to getting advantages)! Even though my favorite attraction is off-limits for expectant mothers (Space Mountain) I had a great time with my friends. We even went on the rides meant for toddlers since I can go on those which is so entertaining because as a kid I'm sure they are a lot more exciting, whereas now they are very simple but still a fun part of the Disneyland experience. Favorite parts of the day: Parade on Main Street with the Toy Soldiers, the Haunted Mansion decorated with "A Nightmare before Christmas", Clam chowder soup in a sourdough bowl, Fantasmic the show, hot chocolate and of course being with my best friends!

Monday morning Jorge and I went to our next Midwife appointment for a monthly check-up. Everything was going really well, we checked the sugar/protein levels, my weight, and the baby's heartbeat (all great), and then we realized I'm RH-negative. I didn't know what that meant, so after talking with the nurse and finding out Jorge's blood type is O+ (I'm O-) I guess that can lead to complications. After talking with the midwife, we realized this is very common and can be helped by getting a shot during my 28th week and one up to 72 hours after the baby is born. Just another part of having a baby I need to research! 

Once again very happy that the baby is still growing and is healthy! See you next week :)

-Heather Ortiz, mama to be

No comments:

Post a Comment