Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 39

And so it begins! Week 39 has brought us the most interesting week for updates by far! 

(Following information will be a little TMI for some, but here are the details)

Saturday morning, 5/10/14, at 3:30 in the morning I woke up to a "pop" like sensation with a hard kick from the baby. As I got up I had a feeling something was going to come out of me so I grabbed a towel and out came the first part of my mucous plug along with my bloody show. I went down to the restroom and out came more (some is still coming out almost every time I go to the restroom FYI- 5/12/14).

Around 4:00 am contractions started. I knew these were different than the Braxton Hicks I had been feeling precious weeks, these felt like menstrual cramps. That morning I told Jorge around 6:00 am what was going on and he immediately alerted family! (Kinda jumped the gun, but at least they know it's started).

So here we are, after our appointment on Monday morning with some updates for you!
* 1cm dilated
* 50% effaced
* -1 Station
* Cervix facing towards the back a little bit (will move forward on it's own)
* Contractions are pretty consistent and are around 4-5:30 minutes apart lasting anywhere from 1-1:45 minutes in length.

Simona seems to think we might be delivering in the next few days so we'll keep you updated!
Crib and decor is all ready for Little Foot!
I'll be posting this as soon as things get really close...it's almost time!
For reference: Monday morning baby was at -1 Station
For reference: Monday morning cervix was 50% effaced and dilated 1cm
-Heather Ortiz, mama to be

No comments:

Post a Comment