Thursday, May 8, 2014

Week 38

Little Foot is the size of a Pumpkin, and yes it sure feels like I'm walking around holding a pumpkin 24/7. We're now 38 weeks in, and I would like to make it to the due date (for the sake of Little Foot's continuing brain/organ development), but my body is now starting to really feel the pain and discomfort everybody talks about. I've been starting to feel like my body is really getting ready for labor though. I feel more movement towards the bottom (pelvic pressure) and consistent Braxton Hicks contractions. On top of that, my back has just started hurting this week so I've been trying to do some stretches and find a position where it won't start aching right away. I'm not really complaining about it though because I know it's all part of the process, just letting you know what's changing!

This week I made it a point to get some errands done. We bought some last minute items at Babies-R-Us, picked out the "coming home" outfit for Little Foot which is exciting because we picked out one pink and one blue! Everything is washed, folded, and ready to go.

After mass on Sunday it was about 90 degrees outside and we couldn't decide what to eat, so we went to this seafood place (only my second time there) and it sure hit the spot. We had some fish tostada's and shrimp cocktail's...very refreshing on a hot day. 

Simona called on Sunday afternoon re-scheduling our appointment we had for Monday because she has someone in labor. It's so crazy to think that any day now that call can be about me...and I'll be the one in labor. Jorge and I are so excited and extremely ready to meet our little one! We'll see when that will be :)

Monday was the last day of being 38 complete weeks and yet another project has begun here at the house...taking out carpet and putting in wood flooring. Baby can come any day so they're hoping to get this flooring in ASAP! (My family is putting this together not a company, so it won't be done in one day). I'll show before and after pictures later!

-Heather Ortiz, mama to be

No comments:

Post a Comment